To take part in this event all riders must agree to the following Regulations, Term's and Conditions. This agreement can be indicated by ticking the box on the Registration page.The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Challenge ride organised and operated by “Challenging Times”). Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and
Conditions by the participant.
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format. Results will not be published and anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event control centres and during the ride itself. “Challenging Times” do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant is responsible for providing their own insurance protection for their participation in the event. Payment of the Event Entry fee to “Challenging Times” does not include any insurance protection for accident, sickness or negligence of any individual participant. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of said rider.
4. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of “Challenging Times” or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
5. Each participant, upon signing the registration form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
6. The Event registration form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested by the Event Organiser. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form on behalf of the under age rider. Signing is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage rider.
7. The participant agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling specific helmet during the whole riding section of the event. “Challenging Times” reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
8. The participant confirms that the cycle they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, mountain bikes should be capable of performing for the longest distance ride available.
9. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
10. Any marked route is shown for guidance only and “Challenging Times” do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
11. The participants agree to return to the event control centre at the end of their ride and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
12. Event entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances including event cancellation due to acts of nature or unforeseen acts (e.g dangerous routes due to ice, snow, potholes, roadworks, etc.) or where the organisers considered the risk to the health and safety of registered riders too great, or the death/illness of key organisation personnel.